- Collected keys.
- Bought fire insurance.
- Paid conservancy charges.
- Registered accounts for PUB and SP.
- Turn on water and electricity.
- Made appointment with the people in charge of defects.
- Check for defects together with them and ID.
- Measurements for carpentry such as kitchen cabinets and wardrobes.
- Decide on the how many shelves, drawers and doors for cabinets and wardrobes.
- Decide on where to put lights.
- Do up false ceiling.
- Bought lights.
- Bought ceiling fan.
- Bought living room TV.
- Got City Gas to do piping in kitchen.
- Do piping for air-con.
- Do tiling for bases of kitchen cabinets, washing machine and refrigerator.
- Rectification of defects by HDB.
- Decide flooring colours.
- Do electric works.
- Bought sofa and dining table.
Got our lights and ceiling fan from JB and I think we saved quite a lot. Zai bought the TV from the recent expo sale, which according to him is cheap but I wouldn't know. Now we're in the middle of week 2 and I need to decide on a few more things.
Tiling for kitchen cabinets.
I am a little down that I am not getting the white subway tiles for the kitchen. Decided to save and just use the given HDB tiles. It'll cost me a few hundreds more to overlay the subway tiles, BUT, it'll be weird to have subway tiles at my stove area and HDB tiles for the rest of the kitchen. To cement screed and paint over the whole kitchen will be additional $1k plus. That's like $2k additional. Ho well, they're still both white, just that one is nicer and the other is boring. :/
The subway tiles. :(
To do list for Week 2
- Look for dining and corridor lights.
- Decide on paint colour.
- Get kitchen sink.
- Meet flooring guy for site measurement.
8 months pregnant now and finally got our stroller and infant/car seat in the midst of busy with renovation. Yay. Actually I don't want to spend on the infant/car seat cause we don't have our own car. But Zai likes to splurge on his junior and I just don't want to argue over that. Hah. Fell sick during first week of reno too but I'm all well now after 2 days MC. :D