Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Where To?

I'm pretty bumped that my holiday destination choices this December are pretty limited. I wanted any of the places in my wish list which is (in no particular order):

1. Greece
2. Italy
3. US
4. Maldives
5. Norway

Let me tell you why I probably can't go to any of the places above.

1. Greece

I don't want to go Greece yet, before I see the other places. Besides the beautiful scenery, I am not sure if I'll appreciate what Greece has to offer in December? It'll be winter in December and Greece will probably look greyer than the usual blue I reckon? I read that ferry rides will also be limited and there will be lesser tours during winter so, I am not sure if I'll appreciate Greece in December.

2. Italy

We wanted to fit in Italy into our honeymoon in Europe but couldn't. So we told ourselves back then that we will go Italy one day. But after going to Europe, we prefer to see the other parts of the world more before going back to that part of Europe for Italy. Hmm, is that even a valid reason? Haha. But won't be as cold as New York so good for baby though.

3. US

We're looking at New York, San Francisco, Miami, Los Angeles. They're all far from each other except for maybe San Fran and LA which are closer. From talking to those who have been to NY, it will be super cold in December with chances of  blizzards and flights being cancelled. All of them (about 5 of them) also said no when I asked if the weather will be okay for baby. The other cities however, won't be as cold. But I am wondering if I should even go US when I can't even go NY and I really want to see NY more than the other cities? I'm assuming that I won't go there again if I've been there once. Plus, the flight is super long for a year old to handle, no?

4. Maldives

The most that I will go Maldives for is one week and I don't to spend my four weeks break on a one week holiday. I rather go there in June. I also know that things there are not cheap so one week is too short to be spending a lot on for now. :/

5. Norway

Or any of the Scandinavia countries for me to see auroras actually. But same as NY, it will be too cold for baby. I got to drive out just to see auroras and it can get very, very cold. Colder than Italy kinda cold. Things are super expensive too I heard.


So how you think? Zai suggested Korea but it doesn't really interest me at the moment. :(

4 comments:

  1. I think the best option out of your listed choices is Maldives, babe! It's only 4 hours away and it's a relaxing beach destination so it'll be okay for baby. I heard there might be rain in Maldives during December though so it'll really depend on your luck whether it'll be rainy during your visit. Going there in June is of course a safer bet. I went in November and it rained once for about less than 30 minutes.

    Why not give Korea a shot? I have friends who went there with no expectations and ended up liking it. It'll be really cold in December though, my friends tell me even if I want to catch snow in Korea, better to go in January because their winter in December is crazy bitter :/

    How about destinations that take 8 hours or less worth of flight to get to? Like Japan or Australia? I have a mommy friend going to Australia who said it's ideal for people with kids, especially Perth. Go Google for suggested itineraries and see if it interests you!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the 4 hour flight to reach such an awesome destination is so tempting! But I think I will save that for June cause Zai doesn't want another beach holiday when we just went to Phuket (how could he even compare Phuket beach to Maldives beach you tell me?!!!). He wants a long trip (like more than 10 days) if possible and Maldives will be too short a trip for him although I suggested staying longer there he just didn't think we need that many days in Maldives. :/

      Yeah my colleague said the same thing about Korea and Zai kept mentioning it. Maybe I should re-consider eh. Oh but yes the weather will probably be too cold.

      Australia is good! If only it's colder in Australia in December I would have chosen that easily! But it's summer and I am looking to go somewhere slightly cold. Japan is good too but Zai is paranoid that the radiation thingy will affect Maliq. :/ Ala macam-macam la. Too cold cannot, too hot cannot. Hahah kecoh sey.

      I'm leaning towards Greece for now but we'll see where we end up at in the end. :D

      Delete
    2. Ooooh Greece sounds like a good choice actually! Looks very nyaman. Hope you guys can decide on a destination soon!!!

      Delete
    3. Yeah! And I'm looking forward to your NY posts. :D

      Delete