Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Delays, Bag, Lights

Few things on my mind today.

About 5 1/2 weeks to our vacation. Went to finalise some details when I realised that Aegean Airlines cancelled our flight from Athens to Santorini and put us on the next flight. It's quite a big deal to me because now, we have about 10 hours of transit time before our next flight to Santorini. We will reach Athens at 9am. Our original flight time to Santorini was at 3pm. That's about 6 hours of transit, which already quite long. But now that the 3pm flight is cancelled, our next flight will be at 7pm. Are you kidding me?! I'm supposed to already be in Santorini by then. Initially we wanted the 10am flight out of Athens but 1 hour to collect our luggage and get on the next flight is a little too rushing so we settled for the 3pm flight which is now going to be at 7pm. If only our flight can reach Athens by 8am then we can take the 10am flight to Santorini and spend the day in Santorini instead of forgoing the entire day to be in transit. Haish. Okay too many numbers but in short, I am wasting one day of Santorini by being in transit in Athens. Did some research and within that 10 hours in Athens, I should be able to travel to the city and visit some attractions in Athens. So that's what we'll do in order to make the best out of the situation. We'll have lesser time in Santorini but we should be able to cover the major attractions there, which is basically just a few sights here and there.

Also thinking if we should engage a photographer there because let's face it, the pictures we're going to take won't be as nice as the ones taken by professionals, yes? But Zai's not keen (he's just not into photos) and I'm 50-50 about it because the photographer I like is over my budget and the one who's within my budget is not what I really like although she's willing to listen to what my preferences are and follow them. Hmm.

And I got my first (and possibly only) Mansur Gavriel bag during the previous relaunch! I made sure I was already in front of the laptop 15 minutes before the relaunch haha. Got my bucket bag in the mini size and in calf leather. Zai said I should have gotten the regular size one instead. Not sure about the sizes until I see both live in front of me, I guess. Oh, I got it in Moss Green! :)

Took this off their website cause I didn't take a picture of mine. 
But it looks pretty much the same except that when I got the bag,
I expected the leather to be shinier but it turned out to be more matte. 

And the last thing that's lingering on my mind constantly is to see the Northern Lights one day. Ever since I came across this article: Last Chance to See the Northern Lights Before They Dim for a Decade (click to read), I am more determined to go in 2016, which is next year. But the thought of bringing a baby/toddler there, I don't know man. And what if (what if only k) I get pregnant and give birth next year, how to go with an infant? I know sometimes people leave their babies at home to go for holidays but I don't know if that can work out for us. I don't mind going 2017 onwards when the baby's older but will the chances of me seeing the lights really be significantly lower (like what the article claimed)?! I feel like I need to speak to an expert now haaah.

Okay I need to stop before I get too carried away. Sometimes I think, I think too much. Just that this thing about the northern lights dimming in the next few years is bothering me.

No comments:

Post a Comment