Saturday, June 16, 2012

Different!!!

Did blogger.com just changed their layout again? Everything looks different now. Took me some time to navigate through their site.

This June, I plan to book the major things for our wedding. I am planning to make it a simple, short and sweet wedding. So we're just making it one day, and no dinner reception. To cut on cost. Trust me, I need to save quite a lot just to have the lunch reception alone. Even though Dad said he will sponsor part of my wedding but I will still save up for everything and just take his sponsorship (not sure if that is a suitable word) as a back up plan. Which also got me thinking, should I change job for better pay? A lot of things to consider.

Actually the sole purpose of my entry today is to talk about my wedding photo booth idea! I won't rent that photo taking machine, it's quite costly. I'll just have someone to be stationed there to take photos of my guests for the guest book. So now I'm thinking of creating a nice backdrop and some props for the photo booth. I'm so excited! I know I should worry about more important things rather than the photo booth but I suddenly thought about this idea and now I won't stop talking. I want to DIY something for the wedding, like what I did for the engagement (see pictures below), and I thought DIY-ing the photo booth is not a bad idea. I would DIY the entire decor if possible. But nah, it would turn ugly. =x Knowing me, I get excited pretty fast and then I get bored pretty fast too. So let's hope this idea materializes on my wedding day.

I was pretty excited about this dessert bar. Although it doesn't look professionally done. Mom made the table cloth. I made the labels and tied the ribbons. And a few dessert stands were missing, Mom placed it somewhere else, when this photo was taken.


And also felt accomplished we managed to decorate the staircase and hang the cloth pretty nicely. We tried different ways of hanging for about a month, trying to get it right. It looks easy but no! We bought the wrong type of cloth and it couldn't drape nicely over the railings.


I would prefer something like this for my photo booth without the table in front. Happy colors and patterns as backdrop and buntings with our names. Plus, a box of props!


These could be the props. Might not be the in thing anymore by the time I get married though. I can think of other props like hats, bubbles to blow, chalkboard for them to write messages on, photo frames and quirky spectacles. I'm so excited already!



I have this one last question that has been bugging me for some time though. Should I or should I not splurge on decor? And I need to decide fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment