Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mint Powder

Here’s a random wedding update! Haven’t been talking about the wedding preparations if you realised. Do you even realise that I am getting married? Not soon but it’s coming faster that I thought. Now the story is, four months ago I settled the major bookings of vendors. Or so I thought. After a lot of food tastings, research and going to wedding exhibitions, I finally decided on the caterer and decorator, as well as the venue and paid my deposits too. Everything seemed fine, until. The day my oh-so-fickle dad decided to change the wedding venue. He said he was merely "suggesting", but it sounded like he wanted to change entirely. :/

Which led to a change in caterer since we can only order from their in-house caterers. Which led to a change in decorator, since my current one does not do my venue due to some restrictions of the place. It’s like a domino effect. So what now? I am back to where I begin?! Searching for a caterer and decorator all over again? This caused me sleepless nights (okay not really), and things will be much better if only I don’t have to worry about the financial part of planning a wedding. Give me a lump sum of $50k cash and it will be a smooth sailing journey of wedding planning. Haha. I wish.

I am back to looking for caterers and decorators, I am only interested in decorators most of the time though. I’m not choosy about food, and their in-house caterers are limited anyway. So I am going to dream of pretty colour palettes all over again! I have MANY colour palettes which I absolutely adore but here are a few examples. May not what I like best though.

Mint green & coral.

My current fav colour right now is mint green and next fav
colour is coral. Which explains this colour combi. Not fantastic
but I thought it'll be nice to mix my two fav colours together! 


Pink & navy.

I tend to like pink decor because pink is just so sweet
don't you think so? But, I will try to stop myself from taking pink.
Haha. Pink is everywhere and a fresh change of colours would
be good? If really must choose pink, then pink with navy,
or grey is nice! To me. Heh.

Blue & yellow.

I generally like blue. Powder blue, Tiffany blue, navy blue.
And I think a soft pastel shade of yellow is nice.

This is of course on top of the other pretty colour palettes like gold and pink, silver and blue, white and anything goes! Grey as well. The list of colour palettes which I like is endless. I generally like most colours and even don't mind a plain white wedding with pops of bright colours. Or a multi coloured wedding altogether, instead of just two main colours. Though at a risk of looking like a funfair. But it IS a fun, affair. I will avoid red and black though. Not very fond of these two colours. :/ So let's wait and see how my wedding will be like in time to come! Won't be as nice as the above photos la but nice enough I hope. Those pictures above are just my wishful thinking okay. :) Will update on the state of my decor when I have finally decided on a decorator and gone for the first appointment. Not sure when will that be. =x

Okay, end of colourful entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment