Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Stick Out

I am begining to type away my time here more often than I should. I should be doing something more productive. :/ Anyway, received this in the mailbox last weekend, second time receiving a scroll for a wedding invitation. Both from a wedding at JB, although the one before this was a Singaporean marrying at JB. Dad asked me to consider this but how do I post them out when I need to eh. I think I still prefer cards.




Reminds me of my cousin's wedding, which was also done a little differently than usual. I was busy manning the kacang putih booth that day and suffering from diarrhea so I didn't take many photos. Firstly, his wedding had many different kinds of drinks. This is on top of the dessert table and kebab station. Not to mention the kueh station. I only tasted a few drinks, though.


Secondly, he engaged Malaysia's comedian Abon as his emcee. Instead of just getting a comedian from Singapore like what some of us would just do. Abon was from KL and Dad had to drive him in from JB. Hah. If you don't know him by name, maybe the picture below looks familiar. Took it off Google cause the pictures of him I took with my phone have all our faces in it haha shy k. Guess who's the most excited? All the makciks la, except my mother, who's a Malaysian and can't be bothered. Haha so excited and fangirling all asking for photos and autographs hahaha.


Thirdly, his wedding made it to the papers for having all three races integrated into one wedding. How? Besides the usual kompang group, there's the Barongan, Lion Dance and also Bhangra. It was so full of life at one point of time, that even people passing by stopped to look and take videos and pictures. Guests of all races were all right in front of the pelamin to do the same.


After that day I realised holding a wedding is too tiring, even though I was just helping out here and there. How come I didn't realise this earlier? Because most of my cousins are not married and those who are married, got married while I was still quite young. During a friend's wedding some years back, I don't remember feeling so tired. Anyway, when the wedding ended, dad asked if I would like Lion Dance and Bhangra at my wedding too. Hmm.. no? Not even Barongan haha. My wedding simple and no frills can ready k.

4 comments:

  1. Wah amat meriah ada bhangra and barongan and lion dance! Anyway I love Abon! But kalau bersemuka dgn dia I also paiseh nak snap a pic of/with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha what I meant was I did take pictures with him hahah nak jugak eh. But I malu wanna share here hahaah. :P

      Delete
  2. wah babe! there's lion dance, so meriaaaah laaa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Da macam multiracial wedding but actually both bride and groom Malay. Haha.

      Delete