Tuesday, May 28, 2013

This Is Home, Truly

I was in the east during the weekend and decided to check out my future home. I can also check the progress through FB because one of the future residents set up a group for our neighbourhood on FB and slowly more and more people joined. It grew into one big group where there will always be updates. I didn't do any updates la, anyway the east is just too far from where I am, which is up north. Zai lives just 5 minutes away from the place but he doesn't really check on the progress. I took some pictures when I went there during the weekend but they were in Zai's phone so I took some photos off the FB group.

Here's the current progress of my block! Anyone thinks you're in the same neighbourhood as me? :)

 My block! One of the slowest among the other blocks.

Panoramic view of entire neighbourhood.

Pictures courtesy of one of the guys in the FB group.

This BTO application was really a lucky one for us. It was our first time ever applying and I didn't really hope to get it because we weren't engaged at that time so the thought of getting a home was not a concern. Although it was his first choice because it's in the east, and near his neighborhood, it wasn't my first choice cause I'm just not familiar with the east side and it's quite far from my parents. He refused to move out of east side thus he was so excited when he saw this BTO project, plus it's somewhere near the MRT station, shopping centres, mosque and sports complex. We heard of others who tried applying many times and couldn't get a good queue number so I didn't place much hope in getting this. But, we were pleasantly surprised! This is an entry on what happened, which I recorded elsewhere and copy pasted here:

"On 27 May 2011, we applied for Build-to-Order project at somewhere in the east. I was at work and he was at home. My phone kept ringing during class and when class finally ended I called him to ask what was so urgent that he couldn't wait for me to finish my lesson. Then he told me about the opening and asked me to apply there and then. I wasn't excited at first because I didn't think we would even be given queue numbers. But to keep him from nagging, I switched on my work laptop and started filling in the form, with him on the other line telling me his particulars. When I was done, I didn't think much of it. Really pessimistic about it, total opposite of how hopeful he was.

On 10 June 2011, while we were waiting for the lift at Cairnhill Place carpark the one near Alfalah mosque, Zai received a message from his friend saying the results of May 11 BTO was already out. He checked his email and the next thing I knew, he carried me in his arms, smiling widely and said we got queue number 81. Which is quite a good number considering there were 3000 plus applicants. He called his friend to check again while we were walking to meet Bib and Noman after their prayers. When I finally met them, they asked me why was Zai so happy talking on the phone. And to cut a long story short, they checked their queue numbers too and got an even smaller number than us. Then we were all jumping in excitement (only the girls), plus the fact that we're going to choose our hotel at KL that day. We sat at Coffee Bean, talked about KL, about the house and continued talking even when we were at home.

And today, 16 June 2011, we got to know our selection date will be on 7 July 2011. Can't wait! Still deciding the units. :)"

Yes he was so happy he actually carried me. I was shocked okay. Even more surprising, Bib and Noman applied the same neighbourhood as us and are going to live next block to ours. We could have actually chosen a unit next to each other but we had different preferences so we liked different blocks. What are the odds?! I knew Bib since I was 13! Zai knew Noman since he was 5? And now thy're our maid of honour and bestman, and then, our future neighbour. Haha. Bib, if you're reading, hi!

Very guilty to say that I put in a lot of thoughts into the wedding but neglect the future home. I just thought that I still have about a year plus more to go before we can get the house and hope that by then I will be able to save something for the house. I'm sure the home renovation will cost more than the wedding. :/

Since June holiday is coming, here is my to-do-list:

1) Read books.
2) Start on gift trays.
3) Finish bunga pahar.
4) Send photoshoot outfit to tailor.
5) Source for different kinds of nuts, anyone got contacts please?
6) Go for pre-marriage course.
7) Decide on honeymoon.
8) Go for cousin's wedding at KL.
9) Buy gift tray items.
10) Decide whether to tailor wedding dress. 
11) Go for facial.

Hopefully can strike off everything by the end of June!

2 comments:

  1. hey babe! you are gonna be a greenleaf-er too? meriahnya! hehehe. me too babe. :) with shahirrah of myweddreams. which block will you be at babe? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello future neighbour! Haha excited. Huda of Sugarnova will also be at Greenleaf! I'll be at block 523D. You? :)

      Delete