Thursday, June 6, 2013

Should I be worried?

Work has been keeping me busy these last few days before the long leave starts. I can't wait. Especially to catch up on my reading and my much needed sleep. I miss my books and my bed. I know I don't sound excited, cause I am just too tired right now. Gonna kick start my leave tomorrow after work, that's when I'll be on my way to KL for cousin's wedding. Plan to shop for wedding related things there as well! Yay. Each time my wedding planning progresses I feel happy. :) Now that we have slightly less than 6 months before the wedding, how's the wedding preps?

1) I got Maton to do a sample of my bunga pahar with the stick and net, everything. It turned out nice!


But, because satin cloth is harder to cut and we really have to cut a lot, we decided to go back to using felt cloth. :( I saw these polka dots felt cloth and find them cute though!


2) I finally managed to learn how to make pom pom flowers. The first time I made it failed terribly that Zai asked me to watch videos on how to do instead of just reading the steps online. I told him, I watched the video when I did the flowers but they still turned out ugly! Then I realised I bought the wrong kind of crepe paper. After I bought the right crepe paper from Kin Soon, the outcome was so much better! Happy! :) I plan to use this for my gift trays.


3) Zai wants his gift trays to be in white. Maton sent me this picture and I thought this is perfect! 


The white cloth for the tray is actually sheer with some beads dangling. I showed him and he liked it! So yes, can't wait to DIY the cloth for his gift trays. Still have no idea on how to do mine. Any contacts for rental of gift trays let me know please! The ones I found don't have much variety. Prefer square ones but if I still can't find I'll probably just get the traditional round ones. Not too fussy about this.

4) I still have a few things (other than the ones mentioned above) not settled like:
  • Cards
  • Henna
  • Favours
  • Groomsmen outfit
  • Items on trays
  • Itinerary
I still haven't settled the card because I have not confirmed with my parents the nikah timing yet, as well as the start and end time of the reception. And I need recommendations for henna at JB. :/ I also need to find my favours supplier which can be anything that can fit into a small jar, from chocolates to cookies or any kinds of nuts.

Also still looking for samping that's not too expensive for the groomsmen. Bib found one but thought of keeping the options open. I will probably just get the items for gift trays at KL this weekend. Lastly, how do I even start on the itinerary?! I keep giving up halfway.

At this rate, should I be worried?

4 comments:

  1. the flower looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunga pahar flower or pom pom flower? Haha. In any case thank you! :D

      Delete
  2. you're making your own bunga pahar? so rajin! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe no! I'm not so rajin but my good friend is helping me make. :D Even if I'm rajin my DIY skills cannot make it. =x

      Delete