Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Friday was Good

We actually wanted to go for an impromptu trip to Malacca or KL during the Good Friday weekend but we didn't in the end. The hotels we shortlisted were all fully booked, and we only wanted to travel by train which was fully booked as well. It was really impromptu, like a few days before the weekend. So ya we sort of expected the trains to be booked. Just wanted to try our luck.

So what did we do during the long weekend? We slacked at my parents house in JB. That's what we always do during any other weekends actually. 

Went to Johor Premium Outlet on Friday even though we've been there a few times and don't find that place exactly great for outlet shopping. But my shopaholic sister wanted to just window shop and we all know how did that end up.

I bought myself these two things.



Or rather Zai got me these but I felt bad so I paid him back most of it haha.

1) A subtle gold pair of jeans from Levi's at RM79. I was actually leaning towards the peach one with subtle sparkle/glitter too, and cost lesser at RM59. But I already have a peachy pants. The blue or pink sparkle one is just too glittery for me. I wanted a size bigger but they were out of stock. I didn't want to get a "just nice" size so that I can still wear them on my fatter days but Zai told me to just get it since I can fit into it anyway. And when I refused he insisted to pay. But I paid him back RM50 cause I felt bad haha. 

2) iPhone cover from Fossil at just RM30. The covers were so nice. By nice I mean, simple and nice, nothing fancy. That's my kinda nice haha. Everything at Fossil was at 40 percent discount. I was contemplating on buying a crossbody sling bag at RM100 to 200 plus, but decided to save the money. :( Zai paid for the cover too because I told him I didn't want to spend unnecessarily. But I looked at the iPhone covers for so long that when I went to toilet, he got it for me hahaha.

Was tempted to buy cute tops and skirts at GAP Kids, Cotton On Kids and Poney outlets there. But because we didn't know baby's gender yet, we resisted. I have this fascination over baby's clothes even before I was married so no I am not being "kancheong". I am just being myself. Haha. 

Nothing unisex here for us to buy so we couldn't buy even if we wanted to.

Went to Jusco Tebrau City after that ended up with these two things for baby from Cotton On Kids. A unisex top which Zai obviously chose. Too bad it doesn't come with the Mommy's version (or probably sold out). And a pair of shoes. Both cost RM19 each.


By now I realised that baby clothes cost as MUCH as adults clothes, not exaggerating. This is not the first time we spent on baby's clothes even though we don't know the gender yet. Before this Zai already bought a Liverpool romper online which the baby will wear regardless of gender. He insisted. Die hard fan you know.

For future Liverpool fan.

Anyway the top from Cotton On was just okay to me but how to resist the shoes?! So cute and cheap at less than SGD10. I told Zai if it's a boy I'm giving the shoes away. But my sisters and mother and Zai said boy can wear that too cause it's orange not pink. But it's for girls cause the shoe laces are glittery! And the base of the shoe is pinkish. They told me to just change the glitter shoe laces to orange and my baby boy can wear. :/ If it's a boy, should I let my boy wear this? I'm seriously thinking hard over this. I have two years to think since the shoes can only fit babies at age 2 hahaha. Went see Zai's nephews on Saturday because I like to play with the younger one.

Yes he's a boy haha.

I don't look very pregnant, do I?

Then went off to have i scream before going to a friend's open house who just moved into his newly renovated BTO. So now I roughly have an idea of how much house reno cost and what are the prices in the market like. Sunday is pretty much stay at home day. Just like that, long weekend over!

2 comments:

  1. Yes you still look normal! Hehe but it's good you don't look pregnant yet. Slow and steady weight gain is the way to go… Hehe who knows you might just escape the stretch marks? Mine is shaped like a solar flare from the sun around my belly button only. So not too bad lah ye?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can still hide my tummy under loose clothing though I've been putting on weight. I hope to escape the stretch marks though I've not been putting on the stretch mark cream regularly. =x I'm actually trying to imagine the solar flare hahah.

      Delete