Saturday, September 13, 2014

Reno Week 4

We're behind schedule! Okay in week 4, we got these things done:

Week 4
- Flooring for the whole house done.
- Delivered basin, water heater tank, sink.
- Delivered the stuff for carpentry.
- Bought mattresses for master bedroom and guest room.
- Bought a set of pots and pans.

I'm kinda regretting doing the flooring before the carpentry even when I had the chance to change my mind. But it's done and I don't wanna think about it anymore. :/ 

We chose these 3 colours for our flooring. 




Dad still thinks tiles are better but I'm bored of tiles and want the wooden look. Could've saved $4.5k if I stick to the HDB tiles though. 

Buying mattress apparently was very last minute. All the shops we went to, said so. Turns out that people start buying mattresses months before they need them, and here we are buying 2 weeks before we need them and some mattresses are actually made only when there are orders. I left the mattress buying for Zai to decide cause I can really sleep anywhere, no matter the quality of the mattress (I think). And I really don't know much about mattresses. Like, pocketed spring or memory foam or latex?

So Zai had the privilege to lie down on like 50 mattresses that day and I just watched him go from one mattress to the next. Haha. We went to King Koil at Sungei Kadut, a few other places which I forgot where, and lastly to expo where they had major mattress sale going on. We got 2 mattresses from Chiromatic. Zai wanted Tempur or Sealy or Simmons initially but those are quite over our budget. 

I can't remember what else I did in week 4! But quite a lot has been done this week (week 5). Zai is telling baby to stay in a while more until the house is ready before making an appearance. Haha. Anyway, I'm worried the fresh paint smell will affect baby too so I'm thinking of only moving in 1 or 2 weeks after the house is painted.  

2 comments:

  1. Bored of tiles too! To me, once done, don't regret. I've had people come and nag at me saying I'm going to regret hacking the service yard walls, this that this that… It's your home. And you chose it. Don't regret. In fact since you got your floors done, you can do carpentry to complement the floors. And it'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I've been living in homes with tiles all my life I just wanted a change. And true that. Just do what you feel and think is right for your home, you're gonna be the one living there, not them anyway. Just that sometimes whatever people say can be quite annoying eh haha. I know of some people who hack the service yard walls too, it makes the kitchen seem bigger and longer, so why not right? :/

      Delete