Sunday, November 27, 2016

Can't Wait for Holidays

Maliq's at his grandparents' house in JB so I can actually blog in peace now heh. He went for his school's orientation with Zai yesterday (I didn't because it was too early haha, and it was easier if I just stayed home with baby). Zai said Maliq immediately left him to start drawing at the tables prepared by the teachers and awhile later started talking (not exactly proper talking though) to the teachers, parents and friends there.

Okay, I know everyone who knows Maliq told me that I will have no problem sending Maliq to school because he won't cry. He is usually not scared of people, not shy and super friendly. That's the thing, he can misbehave because he is not scared. He can do whatever he likes because he is not shy. He can talk non stop because he is super friendly. Ahhhh he is only entering N1 and I am already freaking out over his behaviour in school because I know how 'naughty' he can be. Trying not to worry so much now though, not until January 2017.

Anyway, Zai and I decided to go on a last minute trip to KL next month and we're staying just 5 minutes walking distance away from my grandmother's house there, yay! I used to stay at her house every time I go KL but with two babies I think it's easier if we just book a hotel room. We're staying at Capri by Fraser and it's quite new. There's an infinity pool, a playground and even a kitchenette in the room so I'm pretty excited! I won't say it's a prime location la, but there are major restaurants in the next building and sooo near my grandmother's house I can just walk over any time.

We're also going to Vietnam after KL. Like, straight away the next day. I don't know if that's even possible but we'll find out. We wanted to go KL earlier so that we don't have to be tired doing back to back trips but my parents wanted to follow us to KL and can only go on the dates just before our Vietnam trip. I wanted a laid back trip actually. You know, breakfast in bed, private pool, served dinner. But Zai decided to plan the whole trip and I reluctantly trusted him, hahah.

It was supposed to be a surprise trip, but he couldn't wait to tell me. So now I know we're heading to Vietnam. If you ask me, it's not really a laid back trip la right... I mean where's my private pool sey?! But he got us a driver to drive us around Hanoi and Sapa and I really wanted to go Sapa but decided not to at first because the trip to Sapa takes like 5 hours from Hanoi by car or something. Since he got us a driver and the driver knows where the halal hotels and restaurants are, I guess it's something to look forward to. I heard there are hardly any halal food there. :/ And Sapa will be cold in December so can feeling feeling winter holiday hahaha. Plus he booked us a night stay on Halong Bay, yes we'll be sleeping on the cruise ship on Halong Bay itself, so I'll look forward to that too!

Some photos of Sapa and Halong Bay, not sure if they really look like that in real life though I really hope so!


Rice Terraces in Sapa

Misty Sapa, looking forward to the cool weather!

Halong Bay. Can't believe we'll be spending a night on the waters.

I know Vietnam is not a popular choice to bring babies and toddlers but we'll give it a try and I'll update on how it goes. We shortlisted Krabi, Koh Samui, Langkawi or somewhere in Malaysia but I guess Zai decided to go out of our comfort zone this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment